Lay it all out!

As creator of the largest marijuana addiction support group on Facebook I can absolutely

Page 1 2 3 » 55 comments
Sep 22, 2017
Mic. the Vegan posted:
Is Marijuana Unhealthy? An In-Depth Look at the Research
Watch Video
As creator of the largest marijuana addiction support group on Facebook I can absolutely attest that marijuana is addictive. I'm not a marijuana hater, I feel it is a much better alternative than alcohol, and you can still live a long active life smoking weed daily, but marijuana does have a dark side; the real cost of being a daily marijuana user is that of never living up to your highest potential. If that doesn't bother you then hey toke up! But for those that would like support quitting weed then look up our group on Facebook: Quit Marijuana
Sep 22, 2017
"never living up to your highest potential"

Says one who never composed a score of music or written a book while high. See: Bob Marley, Jimi hendrix, shakespeare. https://electric...ned-357f42c5d84a

Sep 22, 2017
Angry Vegan Cyclist said:
"never living up to your highest potential"

Says one who never composed a score of music or written a book while high. See: Bob Marley, Jimi hendrix, shakespeare. https://electric...ned-357f42c5d84a

I really shouldn't be responding to this given your level of confirmation bias, but here it goes:
#1 I'm not saying you can't be productive as a stoner. I smoked for years and accomplished many achievements while high, but nothing compares to performance when in a natural sober peak state.
#2 Perhaps those individuals could have reached greater heights and produced even better content if they were sober.
#3 if you find smoking weed brings out the best in you, then do it! But for many people they find that it becomes a bad habit and holds them back from greater heights.
Sep 23, 2017
agree.Smoking weed is a double edged sword,but at the end of the day,for having achievements in life such as job success,having a good family and love life,writing books/poems,making/playibg songs with instruments,painting etc...Being sober is the best, at least it seems to me this way.There have been numerous (especially rock) evergreens that have been achieved by use of psychoactive drugs such as LSD,probably shrooms and weed too.So I'd say it depends how you tend to use it-it can uplift your creativity but if you're naturally creative and imaginative(like me for example) you don't need any drugs other than your mind and soul to acchieve great things.
Sep 23, 2017
agree.Smoking weed is a double edged sword,but at the end of the day,for having achievements in life such as job success,having a good family and love life,writing books/poems,making/playing songs with instruments,painting etc...Being sober is the best, at least it seems to me this way.There have been numerous (especially rock) evergreens that have been achieved by use of psychoactive drugs such as LSD,probably shrooms and weed too.So I'd say it depends how you tend to use it-it can uplift your creativity but if you're naturally creative and imaginative(like me for example) you don't need any drugs other than your mind and soul to achieve great things.
Sep 23, 2017
Everything in moderation lol
Sep 23, 2017
Stem & Seed said:
Everything in moderation lol
I truly wish I could use it in moderation, but I just have no self control when it comes to pot! I just end up smoking all the time, unfortunately a lot of other people find that happens to then too
Sep 23, 2017
George Doumanian said:
I truly wish I could use it in moderation, but I just have no self control when it comes to pot! I just end up smoking all the time, unfortunately a lot of other people find that happens to then too
My point exactly; slobs are slobs to begin with. Marijuana is like electronic technology and the internet: one could use it to create great things or just be a slob and do stupid shit. Self control indeed varies upon individual to individual, and i concede that you may be right that I and those I listed are those who chose to use it productively. Now the conversion has to shift to legality.
Sep 26, 2017
IMO weed is as addictive as exercise. Less addictive than coffee or tea
Sep 26, 2017
Or even masturbation.
Sep 26, 2017
Well your opinion is wrong. Feel free to join our Facebook group and read through the heart felt posts of folks who are addicted and trying to quit, and also going through challenging withdrawals while trying to quit.
Sep 26, 2017
George Doumanian said:
Well your opinion is wrong. Feel free to join our Facebook group and read through the heart felt posts of folks who are addicted and trying to quit, and also going through challenging withdrawals while trying to quit.
you might want to read a book on psychology of addiction. masturbation, ice cream, massages, and breathing are also addictive. You should start a support group for those.
Sep 26, 2017
anecdotal evidence? mmmhmmm
Sep 26, 2017
No matter what evidence I share you will find a way to support your own biased belief that marijuana is not addictive. This type of conversation is exactly like when you have a conversation with a meat-eater about veganism who refuses to accept that killing animals is cruel. I smoked for 15 years and used to love to debate people about this topic so I understand where you are coming from. It's all good. I have nothing to prove to any of you, so go back to getting high and when you're ready look our group up on Facebook and we'll welcome you in with love and support.
Sep 26, 2017
When did I say it was not addictive? Almost anything can be psychologically addictive but there is no evidence showing cannabis is chemically addictive.

I was addicted and abused cannabis for a few years, but i don't blame cannabis for it. I made the mistake of smoking tobacco with cannabis therefore developing a chemical addiction.

I'm now sober and promote the lifestyle.

Try not to make so many assumption when talking to strangers.

Sep 26, 2017
I agree, if you think you aren't addicted to smoking weed, go a month without smoking it. If that sounds brutal you are definitely addicted. Such a shame that alcohol is the legal drug, destroying organs and promoting violence.
Sep 26, 2017
Exactly...I always make that challenge to my friends, "okay then just go one week without it" and then they give me all kinds of excuses like "why I know I can do it" lol. And yeah alcohol is horrible! Marijuana should definitely be legal I agree with that.
Sep 26, 2017
+George Doumanian, Is it the marijuana itself that's addictive or is it the behavior pattern the person formed with the marijuana? As far as im concerned you can point and say marijuana is addictive all you want but the cycle of addiction does NOT require substance abuse to attain.
Sep 26, 2017
I'd say it's both. Some people are more prone to addiction. I experimented with drugs and drank a lot of alcohol in my life, but I never got hooked on anything the way I did with marijuana. My intention is not to point my finger at marijuana as the bad guy, it's an amazing plant with many benefits. I think even the getting high aspect of marijuana serves its purpose for spiritual retreats; however, if you start using it every day then YES it's habit forming. Everyone is different, some people have no problem with it. But a percentage of people get hooked and find that when they try to quit they go through some serious withdrawals....night sweats, loss of appetite, nausea, emotional ups & downs, etc...and because these withdrawals are so severe they just choose to continue smoking. Again, I think marijuana is an amazing plant, but it needs to be treated with respect.
Sep 27, 2017
George Doumanian said:
I'd say it's both. Some people are more prone to addiction. I experimented with drugs and drank a lot of alcohol in my life, but I never got hooked on anything the way I did with marijuana. My intention is not to point my finger at marijuana as the bad guy, it's an amazing plant with many benefits. I think even the getting high aspect of marijuana serves its purpose for spiritual retreats; however, if you start using it every day then YES it's habit forming. Everyone is different, some people have no problem with it. But a percentage of people get hooked and find that when they try to quit they go through some serious withdrawals....night sweats, loss of appetite, nausea, emotional ups & downs, etc...and because these withdrawals are so severe they just choose to continue smoking. Again, I think marijuana is an amazing plant, but it needs to be treated with respect.
ignore the haters in the comments, I personally have seen first hand my family struggle with depression and using marijuana as a band aid instead of treating their issues head on. I have a cousin who couldn't even stop smoking while she was pregnant. It's a dangerous slope when you have a lack of self control and already suffer from addictive tendencies. Getting high all the time during the day is a sign you're abusing it.
Sep 28, 2017
Anonymous Dawg said:
ignore the haters in the comments, I personally have seen first hand my family struggle with depression and using marijuana as a band aid instead of treating their issues head on. I have a cousin who couldn't even stop smoking while she was pregnant. It's a dangerous slope when you have a lack of self control and already suffer from addictive tendencies. Getting high all the time during the day is a sign you're abusing it.
thank you for sharing the! Yeah I thought I was alone in my marijuana addiction struggle and after I created the Facebook group it started growing like crazy and I couldn't believe the horror stories from those who have had their lives wrecked because of their marijuana addiction
Sep 30, 2017
I personally feel it is disempowering to rely on drugs to bring out the best in oneself. Feels more empowering digging deep and believing in myself. I appreciate the experiences i had on drugs because they showed me parts of myself that i never knew were there. But now it is up to me :) Meditation is where it's at for me now lol :)
Sep 30, 2017
Mistanyycguy said:
I personally feel it is disempowering to rely on drugs to bring out the best in oneself. Feels more empowering digging deep and believing in myself. I appreciate the experiences i had on drugs because they showed me parts of myself that i never knew were there. But now it is up to me :) Meditation is where it's at for me now lol :)
exactly! Marijuana and drugs can become a crutch. It's better to just learn how to become spiritual and present through sober practices
Sep 30, 2017
High on life is the best drug ;)
Sep 30, 2017
+Mistannycguy "I personally feel it is disempowering to rely on drugs to bring out the best in oneself. " I would fully agree with that statement however I also think that's a reason why marijuana get's a bad reputation, people blame their own negative behavioral patterns on the herb itself which only hurts the people who like to enjoy cannabis responsibly. If a person tries to use cannabis to empower the best of themselves then they are going to be really disappointed, that is not what it is for.
Page 1 2 3 » 55 comments