Lay it all out!

Just curious if everything is free I'm curious how do you make a living do you have a

Aug 31, 2017
NutritionFacts.org posted:
Live Q&A with Dr. Greger of NutritionFacts.org on August 31 at 1 PM ET
Watch Video
Just curious if everything is free I'm curious how do you make a living do you have a practice. By the way I do love your work and thank you
Aug 31, 2017
He makes money off his book sales and is paid to do public speeches
Aug 31, 2017
TheOnlyFairee said:
He makes money off his book sales and is paid to do public speeches
nope he donated his profits
Aug 31, 2017
He's a practicing Doctor iirc
I heard Dr Greger works for a pro vegan organization called Humane Society of the United States (seems to be mainly an educator) and Dr Greger is not a practicing doctor.
Aug 31, 2017
501c3 organizations are not for profit, but can pay employees and directors. Within reason.
Sep 3, 2017
colonyofcells del machine said:
I heard Dr Greger works for a pro vegan organization called Humane Society of the United States (seems to be mainly an educator) and Dr Greger is not a practicing doctor.
HSUS is not "pro-vegan", not even remotely. They promote eggs and other animal products and have pig farmers on their board. They profit from the promotion of "happy" animal products. So no. It's not pro-vegan. An org is either vegan and promotes veganism only and NO large animal org does that.
Humane Society of the United States is a pro vegan group that probably makes some compromises in engaging the mainstream. Vegans are only about 5% of americans so probably cannot avoid compromises.
12 comments