Lay it all out!

Thank you for everything you do! You have opened my eyes to so many things

Aug 31, 2017
NutritionFacts.org posted:
Live Q&A with Dr. Greger of NutritionFacts.org on August 31 at 1 PM ET
Watch Video
Thank you for everything you do! You have opened my eyes to so many things. I'm still doing a lot of healing on my raw vegan diet but getting better everyday. 2 mos so far and will never go back to cooked foods.
Most traditional diets are a mix of raw foods and cooked foods. Eating only raw vegan foods is probably more expensive than a unrefined vegan diet with vitamin b12 based on cheap staple food like sweet potato, potato and whole grains. Some tubers like sweet potato can be eaten raw. Raw food vegans should also take b12 supplement to avoid death.
Sep 1, 2017
sprouted foods!
I heard some sprouted grains like sprouted buckwheat can be eaten raw.
Sep 1, 2017
Raw food diets are inferior to diets containing raw AND cooked foods. Nutritionfacts has videos on raw food diets.
Raw food diets (with b12 supplement) even though expensive are probably healthy since our bodies are still quite similar to our close ape relatives the chimpanzee and gorilla who eat mainly fruits, vegetables and some insects for vitamin b12. I used to watch lots of chimpanzee videos and they hunt small animals on rare occasions probably bec the leader ape wants to show off. About half of the tubers in africa can be eaten raw so I would guess our ancestors were already eating raw tubers and some animal products even before the invention of cooking.
Sep 1, 2017
Thanks everyone! I am doing vegan B12 drops daily. I also follow the cron o meter to make sure I'm getting everything I need. I haven't felt this good in forever. Because of what was wrong with my colon I couldn't eat solid foods period so this has literally saved my life.
I am not a raw food vegan but I have several raw vegan books : Becoming Raw by nutritionist Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina, Raw Food Revolution Diet and Raw Food For Dummies. I bought them from the annual San Francisco Veg Fest. Mushrooms require cooking.
Raw vegans should not eat too much buckwheat sprouts which can cause people to become sensitive to sunshine.