Lay it all out!

If you are still there, could yo talk about Soy Protein Isolate? Dang

Aug 31, 2017
NutritionFacts.org posted:
Live Q&A with Dr. Greger of NutritionFacts.org on August 31 at 1 PM ET
Watch Video
If you are still there, could yo talk about Soy Protein Isolate? Dang. I guess I missed this
Aug 31, 2017
the short answer is that soy protein isolate is harmful to health, but other minimally processed soy foods are healthy, like tofu, edamame, and soy milk. Dr. G has at least one video on it.
Better to avoid all refined substances like oil, sweetener, juice, refined flour, salt, protein powder, supplements (except b12), etc. Better to chew food than rely on blenders.
Sep 1, 2017
colonyofcells de la machine this wasn't the question lol
refined substance soy protein isolate is not real food and better to eat real soy like edamame, tempeh, natto, soy sprouts, etc.
Sep 2, 2017
This link is highly informative: https://www.drmc.../050400pusoy.htm

Too long; didn't read? Avoid soy isolate and stick to whole foods.

Sep 4, 2017
I see this seem to be the consensus now, but what about Pea Protein Isolate? Is there a difference?
All refined substances tend to have 0 fiber and all micronutrients have been removed. In the market, there are refined substances which are sold as protein powders usually made from soy (tvp, tofu), wheat (seitan), rice, pea, hemp, etc. Better to eat real food like soy, wheat, rice, pea and hemp instead of refined substances.