Lay it all out!

This is what it looks like when professionals develop video games. Watch and learn Xbox.

Jul 25, 2017
PlayStation posted:
God of War - Be A Warrior: PS4 Gameplay Trailer | E3 2017
Watch Video
This is what it looks like when professionals develop video games. Watch and learn Xbox.
Aug 19, 2017
if youre talking about witcher, then yes indeed.. this just looks like another linear adventure game without open world.. bought uncharted 4 with the same, was so bored didnt even finish it.
Aug 19, 2017
ethrez said:
if youre talking about witcher, then yes indeed.. this just looks like another linear adventure game without open world.. bought uncharted 4 with the same, was so bored didnt even finish it.
Uncharted is barely a linear game. Nice try xbot.
Aug 20, 2017
Oh it isnt? To me a game which puts you in a location with one and only way from point A to B, one solution and also without letting you in any way affect the story line, is as linear as it gets. Uncharted sucks, and this looks the same.
Aug 20, 2017
ethrez said:
Oh it isnt? To me a game which puts you in a location with one and only way from point A to B, one solution and also without letting you in any way affect the story line, is as linear as it gets. Uncharted sucks, and this looks the same.
Nah, that's why you are wrong. You have multiple ways to tackle a lot of different objectives. Only some moments are driven by quick time events and is linear (why is linear always inherently bad though). The maps are basically tiny sandbox environments (not to be confused with open world map). I just don't believe you when you say you have played uncharted.
Aug 29, 2017
Yes uncharted is linear and linear games have the best story. Any problem ?
Sep 6, 2017
eightypuff01 said:
Nah, that's why you are wrong. You have multiple ways to tackle a lot of different objectives. Only some moments are driven by quick time events and is linear (why is linear always inherently bad though). The maps are basically tiny sandbox environments (not to be confused with open world map). I just don't believe you when you say you have played uncharted.
I think someone has no idea what linear gameplay means...
Sep 7, 2017
ethrez said:
Man your pathetic. Obviously butthurt xbox user that desperately wishes he could afford a ps4 but he cant so he hates on it
Sep 9, 2017
Who cant afford a ps4? :D .. i think it costs the same, but no, i chose ps4. Pathetic is you retards needing a game to tell you where to go and give you a prewritten story with no ways to change it. Play witcher 3, then tell me uncharted, god of war etc are good games.
Sep 10, 2017
ethrez said:
Who cant afford a ps4? :D .. i think it costs the same, but no, i chose ps4. Pathetic is you retards needing a game to tell you where to go and give you a prewritten story with no ways to change it. Play witcher 3, then tell me uncharted, god of war etc are good games.
Having an open mind and common sense is frowned upon in today's society. I salute you for standing strong against the grain : )
Owning all of the consoles I'll say this:
1. Yes true open world games are awesome and you will definitely get more of your moneys worth out of them.
2. Being a fanboy of any console is ridiculous. (objectively........PS4 does have more exclusives that I prefer........but I also prefer the Xbox One controller more and am digging some backwards compatibility of titles that I would not be able to play if it didn't have that........and the X will solve the X1's power problem.......it will now be the place for 3rd party titles.)
3. That all being said, and preferring open world games, God of War looks like it's going to be a helluva an experience......and I agree MS needs to make a few title's of this nature. I'll buy God of War and I'm sure I'll enjoy it for what it is......it is NOT a competitor to the awesome Witcher 3 because it is a different type of game. I don't have to choose between the two, I can own both..............just as I can own both the PS4 and Xbox One and enjoy them both........I do not care about what other people think about either console I'm my own man and buy/do what I like ;)
Sep 11, 2017
Good to know people still can relate nowadays, cheers. And yes it might be good, or even will be, GoW was amazing at the time of consoles of previous era, they didnt have the capacity to run anything of witchers size and detail, so the god of war game style was a natural choice, more action in less space and prewritten, id be fine with that at the time. However seeing how companies like ubisoft are throwing at fanboys a game after a game being the same for a decade is just lazy, when you see whats actually possible. And i kinda wished theyd learn from the witcher.
Sep 16, 2017
ethrez said:
Good to know people still can relate nowadays, cheers. And yes it might be good, or even will be, GoW was amazing at the time of consoles of previous era, they didnt have the capacity to run anything of witchers size and detail, so the god of war game style was a natural choice, more action in less space and prewritten, id be fine with that at the time. However seeing how companies like ubisoft are throwing at fanboys a game after a game being the same for a decade is just lazy, when you see whats actually possible. And i kinda wished theyd learn from the witcher.
HZD is better than the Witcher 3
Sep 16, 2017
:D :D :D .. ok, i guess people sometimes are more ok the less they get.
Sep 16, 2017
ethrez said:
:D :D :D .. ok, i guess people sometimes are more ok the less they get.
Are you implying that a game needs to have an open world to be a good game? Telltales the walking dead? What about the strategy genre? Are those bad because they don't have an open world? What about city building games like cities skylines? Surely all games that don't have an open world are bad, right?
Sep 17, 2017
Ofcourse not all games.. but fantasy world like this one, with such a big studio and name behind it should.. It they were too lazy to do more than one scenario, it just requires more work, basically, play witcher and youll see )
Sep 25, 2017
eightypuff01 said:
you should learn what backwards compatibility is
Sep 28, 2017
ethrez said:
Ofcourse not all games.. but fantasy world like this one, with such a big studio and name behind it should.. It they were too lazy to do more than one scenario, it just requires more work, basically, play witcher and youll see )
that comments make no sense man. Developers should make diverse games that promotes the idea they are trying to convey. God of war 4 is a sandbox game meaning it's big enough for you to explore your environment and but too big that they would have to cut content to make it seem big...linear games are just as exciting and expensive to make as openworld games
Oct 7, 2017
eightypuff01 said:
f u wares ps4s forza horizon 3 HUH
Oct 9, 2017
Jesus christ get over yourself
Oct 11, 2017
eightypuff01 said:
nope it's definitely linear just not as direct
5 days ago
ethrez said:
witcher 3 is one of my fav games of all time but uncharted is a great game not as good as witcher but it’s a really good game cause u can’t change the story doesn’t mean it’s a bad game
4 comments
4 comments