Lay it all out!

Does IGN realise there are several different screens you get with different 3DS models?

Jul 16, 2017
IGN posted:
New Nintendo 2DS XL Review
Watch Video
Does IGN realise there are several different screens you get with different 3DS models? even the exact same model can have different screens depending on luck. There is 3 Major screens in ALL 3DS/2DS models.

They may have just gotten one of the 'bad' ones with this 2DS they used.

Jul 17, 2017
Three? I know that you can get a TN or an IPS panel and the difference is pretty notable but i'm not quite sure what you mean with the third one.
Jul 17, 2017
D2daICE said:
Three? I know that you can get a TN or an IPS panel and the difference is pretty notable but i'm not quite sure what you mean with the third one.
what i meant was 3 types of combinations you sometimes both get TN both IPS or more often a mixed half half (meant 3 styles if you will)
Jul 18, 2017
Thank you, that makes it pretty clear. Right now i have three 3DS XL's (two of them are "new" ones) and one 2DS. Both the 2DS and the old 3DS XL have TN panels on both screens, the two N3DS XL's have an IPS Panel on the top screen and TN on the bottom. It's pretty hard to say which panel type is "better" because both have their advantages and sometimes it's hard to explain it in a shop when you are looking for a unit with an IPS display.