Lay it all out!

Truly a deserving rating

Jul 16, 2017
Chris Stuckmann posted:
Batman Begins - Movie Review
Watch Video
Truly a deserving rating. However, a flaw for me is how quickly edited the fighting is to a point ya couldn't tell what was going on.
Jul 16, 2017
The one sequence at the docks I think is actually quite brilliant because you are supposed to have the point of view of the henchmen. It really makes Batman seem faster and scarier than he should be because the scene is so chaotic. There are a few fight sequences where I can't help with agree with you though.
Jul 17, 2017
Adam White said:
The one sequence at the docks I think is actually quite brilliant because you are supposed to have the point of view of the henchmen. It really makes Batman seem faster and scarier than he should be because the scene is so chaotic. There are a few fight sequences where I can't help with agree with you though.
Yeah I think that was intended.
Jul 17, 2017
It suits the film cause you're supposed to see Batman from the criminals' perspective. That's why when we see him from Ra's Al Ghul's perspective, the cuts aren't really that quick because they're both great at fighting.
Jul 17, 2017
Oh that was seen that is indeed justifiable. However, they are a lot instances where you just couldn't make out what he hell was going on due to the quick editing. Like when batman fought the ninja's that was on the prison island it was edited to quickly; a lot of the hand to hand combat was brief. Like every punch he is about to make is edited out instead of being a still shot.

Another example is when he fought league of shadows when he decided to burned down their palace. It just feels a bit cheap. Even though the film was meant to be realistic, it's not far fetch to show the audience of he fights.