Lay it all out!

Ball>Smith in my opinion

Page 1 2 » 35 comments
Jul 16, 2017
FreeDawkins posted:
Lonzo Ball vs Dennis Smith Jr. NASTY Duel 2017.07.16 - DSJ With 21 Pts, 6 Ast, Ball With 16, 10 Ast!
Watch Video
Ball>Smith in my opinion. Ball is a better facilitator and he can still score while Smith is very hard to stop 1-on-1, but he has his head down too much not looking for his teammates. Comment your opinions below!
Jul 16, 2017
Lonzo had 16 points, 4 rebound, and 10 assist before leaving at a minute into the 3rd period when the Lakers led by close to 25 points. Lonzo is averaging close to a triple double in summer league and he had 2 games with 5 steals a piece to average 3 steals and he is averaging close to 2 blocks a game. When Lonzo starts hitting his Curry 3 pointers, it will become very obvious who is the best player in this draft. It's not even close. Lonzo makes his teammates look better. He got Kuzma looking like the best steal of this draft. Kuzma looks better than Tatum. He score 31 points on Tatum.
Jul 16, 2017
smith had worse teammates. His teammates couldn't hit shit
Jul 16, 2017
SmallBallSucks said:
Lonzo had 16 points, 4 rebound, and 10 assist before leaving at a minute into the 3rd period when the Lakers led by close to 25 points. Lonzo is averaging close to a triple double in summer league and he had 2 games with 5 steals a piece to average 3 steals and he is averaging close to 2 blocks a game. When Lonzo starts hitting his Curry 3 pointers, it will become very obvious who is the best player in this draft. It's not even close. Lonzo makes his teammates look better. He got Kuzma looking like the best steal of this draft. Kuzma looks better than Tatum. He score 31 points on Tatum.
star lines:
Ball: 32.5 mpg, 16.3 ppg, 38.2% FG, 7.7 rpg, 9.3 apg, 2.5 spg, and 1bpg
DSJ: 25.8 mpg, 17.3 ppg, 45.7% FG, 4.8 rpg, 4.2 apg, 2.2 spg, 0.2 bpg
If DSJ had as many minutes as Lonzo and his open guys could hits shots their stat lines would look very similar
Jul 16, 2017
It's called getting your teammates involved so they heat up and play better.
Jul 16, 2017
De'Aaron Fox said:
Head down and not looking at his teammates is just misleading bro, I've seen all his game and I guarantee you he has good court vision and is a willing passer, he does get teammates involved
Jul 16, 2017
Chris DeLeon said:
Head down and not looking at his teammates is just misleading bro, I've seen all his game and I guarantee you he has good court vision and is a willing passer, he does get teammates involved
not at all. All smith can do is score
Jul 16, 2017
Sleepy Floyd said:
Did you watch the game? Not the highlights. Smith was giving his team the ball but they couldn't make the shots unlike Lonzo's team.
Jul 16, 2017
Sleepy Floyd said:
how many complete games have you seen of DSJ have you seen compared to Lonzo? Honestly
Jul 16, 2017
De'Aaron Fox said:
smith had 6 assist but I get your point of his head being down he did have it down
Jul 16, 2017
Sleepy Floyd said:
you're an idiot did you even watch the game s
Jul 16, 2017
Savage Hippie said:
smith had 6 assist but I get your point of his head being down he did have it down
head down ? His teammate weren't hitting shots
Jul 16, 2017
Chris DeLeon said:
how many complete games have you seen of DSJ have you seen compared to Lonzo? Honestly
smith played less minutes and shot higher from the field than lonzo
Jul 16, 2017
That's why one dude was drafted 2 and the other at 9
Jul 16, 2017
joshua adams said:
lonzo only played 22 mins...he got hurt
Jul 16, 2017
joshua adams said:
lonzo shot 5/7
Jul 16, 2017
Laran US said:
lonzo shot 5/7
I meant like overall in summer league
Jul 16, 2017
NY CITY said:
That's why one dude was drafted 2 and the other at 9
f**king idiot
Jul 17, 2017
Chris DeLeon said:
he a Lonzo fan just by reading his comment
Jul 17, 2017
Y'all saying mavs are bad when they were just the best summer league team. Yogi made waves in the Mavs organization & played well this whole summer league. Ball's teammates aren't better he's just a facilitator & finds them. Any basketball player should be able to make those open shots he gives them. He also influences them to make an extra pass. Zubac & kuzma were never passers like this until Zo. Dennis did a lot of ISO ball trying to show up Lonzo & looked up & realized they were down 20. I love Dennis but watching the game he did a lot to show up Lonzo & tried to get in his head by being physical & ended up looking stupid. I would rather have Lonzo if I'm really trying to win because he's more mature & unselfish but Dennis if you're in the "entertainment" realm of basketball like a lot of teams are
Jul 17, 2017
Robert Smith said:
Y'all saying mavs are bad when they were just the best summer league team. Yogi made waves in the Mavs organization & played well this whole summer league. Ball's teammates aren't better he's just a facilitator & finds them. Any basketball player should be able to make those open shots he gives them. He also influences them to make an extra pass. Zubac & kuzma were never passers like this until Zo. Dennis did a lot of ISO ball trying to show up Lonzo & looked up & realized they were down 20. I love Dennis but watching the game he did a lot to show up Lonzo & tried to get in his head by being physical & ended up looking stupid. I would rather have Lonzo if I'm really trying to win because he's more mature & unselfish but Dennis if you're in the "entertainment" realm of basketball like a lot of teams are
do you not realize when the Lakers started going off Dennis Smith was sitting
Jul 17, 2017
Y'all talking about "if DSJ's teammates hit shots, he'd have more assists." I mean...it's true, but it's the manner in which they do so. Lonzo passes it at the right time, in the right place. Those fullcourt passes aren't flukes. Just because you pass to an open man and they hit the shot, it doesn't mean you're a good playmaker. Lonzo is a true playmaker at the pg position. DSJ is insanely athletic though. The most insane athlete since Westbrook got drafted
Jul 17, 2017
Dejarin Mouton said:
do you not realize when the Lakers started going off Dennis Smith was sitting
Do u realize Lonzo put up all those numbers in 1 half?
Jul 17, 2017
charldaughter said:
Y'all talking about "if DSJ's teammates hit shots, he'd have more assists." I mean...it's true, but it's the manner in which they do so. Lonzo passes it at the right time, in the right place. Those fullcourt passes aren't flukes. Just because you pass to an open man and they hit the shot, it doesn't mean you're a good playmaker. Lonzo is a true playmaker at the pg position. DSJ is insanely athletic though. The most insane athlete since Westbrook got drafted
nobody was debating the better playmaker, that's Lonzo by a mile and then some, we're saying DSJ doesn't get credit where he deserves cause his teammates don't hit their opens shots
Jul 17, 2017
Robert Smith said:
last time I remember the team's had a coach, if there was a lot of ISO it's cause Jamal Mosley was calling his number, also I wouldn't say Lonzo is more mature than he is just stoic cause he doesn't wear his emotions on his sleeve like DSJ
Page 1 2 » 35 comments