Lay it all out!

It's funny how vegans think they are "saving" animals. You're doing absolutely nothing

Jan 18, 2017
TED-Ed posted:
How do animals experience pain? - Robyn J. Crook
Watch Video
It's funny how vegans think they are "saving" animals. You're doing absolutely nothing. As more and more people are born the amount of meat production will have to increase which means killing more animals and there will never be more vegans than meat eaters. Plus, you're not doing jack shit for the animals. It's not like you're saving them. At the end we are all animals and it's natures cycle. Like it or not.
True if you wan't to "save" animal's be a vet/animal's rescuer being a vegan didn't change anythig. there still going to be thousend of animals that going to be dead and you are doing nothing to stop it exept being vagan and only eat plants
Feb 12, 2017
Ikr
Feb 17, 2017
There's not much difference between "saving" animals and "not contributing to their mass, lifelong torture and slaughter". Studies show that there are 7.3 million people in the U.S. that follow a vegetarian diet... The average meat eater will eat 198 animals a year. So by being vegetarian, they are "saving" 1.4 billion animals *each and every* year.

There will be 1.4 billion less animals slaughtered each and every year because of vegetarians reducing demand by "doing nothing but eating plants" . That's a win if there ever was one.

Feb 22, 2017
Anon ymous said:
There's not much difference between "saving" animals and "not contributing to their mass, lifelong torture and slaughter". Studies show that there are 7.3 million people in the U.S. that follow a vegetarian diet... The average meat eater will eat 198 animals a year. So by being vegetarian, they are "saving" 1.4 billion animals *each and every* year.

There will be 1.4 billion less animals slaughtered each and every year because of vegetarians reducing demand by "doing nothing but eating plants" . That's a win if there ever was one.

wow. well said.
Mar 9, 2017
Actually, that is incorrect. I've studied in a vocational school for agricolture in Italy, where we were illustrated the "chain of meat production". It's a bit technical but let me try to expose it real quick (and sorry for my poor English, I'm a self-taught Italian).
- A sufficient amount of people switch to a vegetarian diet, purchasing less meat. This causes the following reactions:
-- The butcher will lower the price of his meat, allowing poorer people to afford it. Production remains the same.
-- The butcher decides to buy less meat than before. The same meat he would've purchased is then purchased by other vendors, who see a possibility to compete with the butcher as the prices are lower. Production remains the same.
-- The meat that isn't purchased for human consumption goes to other purposes, like feeding animals in zoos or aquariums or circuses, or to create other by-products. Meat production remains the same.
-- The beef farmer sees that he's selling less cows. They will then purchase/rent less bull sperm to make less calves. But those that are already born are still going to be butchered. No one of them is 'freed'. Production is at this point decreased.

So in the end what the rise of the vegetarian diet causes is less animals to be born in the first place (and yes, then killed). So to say that they're "saving" animals is incorrect, because you cannot save what is unborn in the first place. It's correct to say that the vegetarians are not contributing to a great environmental damage that meat production is causing to the planet's resources, but nobody should talk about saving animals, because that is simply non factual.

Sorry for the long post >_<;

Aug 9, 2017
198 animals a year? What? Where did you get that from? That's absurd. NPR says 270 lbs. a year. How are you converting that to animals?
Aug 13, 2017
PolemiGames said:
Actually, that is incorrect. I've studied in a vocational school for agricolture in Italy, where we were illustrated the "chain of meat production". It's a bit technical but let me try to expose it real quick (and sorry for my poor English, I'm a self-taught Italian).
- A sufficient amount of people switch to a vegetarian diet, purchasing less meat. This causes the following reactions:
-- The butcher will lower the price of his meat, allowing poorer people to afford it. Production remains the same.
-- The butcher decides to buy less meat than before. The same meat he would've purchased is then purchased by other vendors, who see a possibility to compete with the butcher as the prices are lower. Production remains the same.
-- The meat that isn't purchased for human consumption goes to other purposes, like feeding animals in zoos or aquariums or circuses, or to create other by-products. Meat production remains the same.
-- The beef farmer sees that he's selling less cows. They will then purchase/rent less bull sperm to make less calves. But those that are already born are still going to be butchered. No one of them is 'freed'. Production is at this point decreased.

So in the end what the rise of the vegetarian diet causes is less animals to be born in the first place (and yes, then killed). So to say that they're "saving" animals is incorrect, because you cannot save what is unborn in the first place. It's correct to say that the vegetarians are not contributing to a great environmental damage that meat production is causing to the planet's resources, but nobody should talk about saving animals, because that is simply non factual.

Sorry for the long post >_<;

What are you sorry about? It was informative and full of facts, much better than the huge paragraphs full of nonsense of those self proclaimed "animal savers"... I too have animals some family members of mine are vets and even my girlfriend was a vet and still wants to be (part time) but we all eat meat... I would also like to add that it's natural in the Earth's cycle. One animal will feast on a smaller one. It's a chain.

Oh and that's why we have these sharp teeth little. To eat meat ^^ (and bite our tongues...)

Sep 14, 2017
true. You aren't saving the animals. You're just not eating them. It's not like everyone in the world is just gonna go vegan.
Anon ymous said:

They still would be slaughtered but since no one buys them the trow it away so teachniclay you're just wasting meat
Sep 19, 2017
they dont save them but they prevent more from being killed, THINK.
Sep 22, 2017
And this is why you don't flunk economy in high school kids. Supply and demand. Stay in school 👍🏼
Oct 1, 2017
Anon ymous said:

those animals will still die one way or another. Whether its by other humans, or other animals killing and eating them, it makes no difference.
Oct 9, 2017
oh yeah. because they're not eating meat from animald THAT ARE AL READY KILLED AND COOKED. good job.
Oct 9, 2017
Vegans don't only save animals, they fight for their rights, the envioirment, and most importnantly their own health. I suggest you do a little reaserch before letting your bias step ahead of you.
Oct 11, 2017
Juan Ignacio Müller said:
Vegans don't only save animals, they fight for their rights, the envioirment, and most importnantly their own health. I suggest you do a little reaserch before letting your bias step ahead of you.
Vegans arnt the only ones fighting for animal rights, as someone who eats meat I know thats a important,part of our culture, HOWEVER I think these animals should not live in fear in cages. They should be in a farm, a place where they won't be afraid and are not aware of whats to happen to them, be at peace. I buy Cage free eggs to help decrease sales for Factory Farms. Hopfully the "Factory Farms" will improve the conditions or leave the Animal Products to Farmers. Though I doubt it will happen in my life time, as those things take time. And as for health, eating to much of anything can be bad, that includes Vegan Diets, what's important is to balance what you eat, don't eat to much red meat and carbs, and be sure what you eat matches the serving sizes.
Oct 11, 2017
Btw if my English sucks I do apologize.
Oct 15, 2017
not true. One vegan can save many animals a year. How about you think how much meat one person consumes in a lifetime? That’s how much meat we are saving. Ta da 😂
Oct 15, 2017
Sia Kumar said:
not true. One vegan can save many animals a year. How about you think how much meat one person consumes in a lifetime? That’s how much meat we are saving. Ta da 😂
Its not the people eating meat that's thr issue, its the way they are killed, we need to treat animals with respect.
Oct 26, 2017
Vegans may not save all animals, but by being vegan you are a part of something big, you are a part of a group with a lot of people. That is of course going to make a change.The less meat people request, the less meat they are going to produce.
Oct 27, 2017
Bouldertail 76 said:
Its not the people eating meat that's thr issue, its the way they are killed, we need to treat animals with respect.
agree! If your gonna eat meat don’t abuse them! Let them pass in peace
Nov 25, 2017
Why hello there stranger's said:
True if you wan't to "save" animal's be a vet/animal's rescuer being a vegan didn't change anythig. there still going to be thousend of animals that going to be dead and you are doing nothing to stop it exept being vagan and only eat plants
it’s called supply and demand honwy
Nov 25, 2017
Why hello there stranger's said:
honey*