Lay it all out!

The Dark Knight may be considered to be a better movie overall,

Page 1 2 » 26 comments
Jul 16, 2017
Chris Stuckmann posted:
Batman Begins - Movie Review
Watch Video
The Dark Knight may be considered to be a better movie overall, but Batman Begins was a better Batman movie.
Jul 16, 2017
Also, Bale's Batman was more badass and his voice was more tolerable in Batman Begins.
Jul 16, 2017
so true
Jul 16, 2017
Bullseye
Jul 16, 2017
Hammer. Nail. Head.
Jul 16, 2017
I agree, Begins is a better BATMAN movie. And Dark Knight is more of an epic crime story.
Jul 16, 2017
Mask of the Phantasm was a better Bruce Wayne movie.
Jul 16, 2017
Nzone 1 said:
Mask of the Phantasm was a better Bruce Wayne movie.
All of these interpretations are really good view points of Bruce wayne. what a time to be a Batman fan :)
Jul 16, 2017
Sidious said:
Also, Bale's Batman was more badass and his voice was more tolerable in Batman Begins.
are you out of your mind?
Jul 16, 2017
You are damn right
Jul 17, 2017
I'm not even sure TDK is really a better movie. Begins is *easily* my favorite of the Nolan trilogy, and definitely my pick for best live-action Batman movie. (With the 1989 version a close second.)
Jul 17, 2017
This movie didn't have a single joke in it. So that makes it good?
Jul 17, 2017
Never really understood why everybody thinks TDK is that good. Apart from Heath's performance it was an overall decent movie. In my opinion it's the weakest of the trilogy. Begins is by far the best.
Jul 17, 2017
I agree. I personally felt the Dark Knight really diminished Batman as a hero compared to Begins and Rise. In both Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises, Gotham would have been destroyed if not for Batman. In the Dark Knight, all he did was save a few hundred people on a couple of boats.
Jul 17, 2017
Wtf stop overating Heath's perfomance, he was awesome but the movie is still a masterpiece without his perfomance. You seriously need to rewatch the movie you clearly are forgetting the story and all the other interesting characters.
Jul 17, 2017
''all he did was save a few hundred people on a coupke of boats.''
Really that's what you got from the movie? What about the story, what about the sacrifice he hat to make to save gotham?
Jul 17, 2017
Let's keep this at 420 likes.

Edit: Shit, more people liked after I made this comment. Smh.

Jul 17, 2017
Saintly Pants said:
This movie didn't have a single joke in it. So that makes it good?
What does the movie not having jokes in it have to do with anything? And how would that make it a good movie?
Jul 17, 2017
Micael Teixeira said:
''all he did was save a few hundred people on a coupke of boats.''
Really that's what you got from the movie? What about the story, what about the sacrifice he hat to make to save gotham?
I agree with you on all that. I'm just saying the stakes in the Dark Knight didn't come across as high as the other two films. Don't get me wrong, the Joker was a danger that needed to be dealt with, but he still wasn't as big of a threat as Bane in the end.
Jul 17, 2017
Sidious said:
exactly what I was going to say.
Jul 17, 2017
Jack Alan said:
I agree with you on all that. I'm just saying the stakes in the Dark Knight didn't come across as high as the other two films. Don't get me wrong, the Joker was a danger that needed to be dealt with, but he still wasn't as big of a threat as Bane in the end.
The joker matched bane psychological wise, but banes ideals dealt more with the endgame.
Jul 17, 2017
Interesting choice of words, Sidious . Even though TDK is most definitely set on the Batman universe, his character takes a back seat for a lot of it. He's very passive, and mostly reactive, and doesn't really have that much screen time. It don't bother me at all, but it's interesting when you think about it.
Jul 17, 2017
legendary lunatic97 said:
The joker matched bane psychological wise, but banes ideals dealt more with the endgame.
That's actually a very good way of putting it.
Jul 17, 2017
I agree, although I would probably say that Begins is also a slightly better movie overall after multiple viewings due to one factor: better pacing. All those slow scenes of the Joker or Alfred monologueing are entertaining the first couple of times you watch them, but after they lose their novelty you come to realize just how much they slow down the film. I also didn't care for how Two-Face was rushed out the door.
Jul 18, 2017
Only real issue with Begins that I have is the shaky cam during fight scenes.
Page 1 2 » 26 comments