Lay it all out!

MacBook, any day.

Page 1 2 » 41 comments
Jul 12, 2017
Dave Lee posted:
MacBook vs Surface Pro - The Best Laptop for Students 2017!
Watch Video
MacBook, any day.
Jul 12, 2017
gtfo fanboy
Jul 12, 2017
pussy
Jul 12, 2017
That was his first mistake...
Jul 13, 2017
Wow getting so much hate. Macbooks are amazing. If you’ve never used one, you dont get a vote.
Jul 13, 2017
Tanmay Sachan said:
Wow getting so much hate. Macbooks are amazing. If you’ve never used one, you dont get a vote.
Used one and it's shit. I also tried to razer blade stealth. I would take the stealth anyday.
Jul 13, 2017
Tanmay Sachan
Macbooks are amazing....only for i$heeps. Rest of the world uses Windows. Windows is where its at.
Jul 13, 2017
Omg. I knew microsoft fan boys would be bullying in the comments section hahaha. Guys, just mind your own business. No one really switches to microsoft , or to apple just because you said microsoft/apple is better. Just stop it, you all sound ridiculous and a bunch of babies
Jul 13, 2017
People get bullied just because they use a MacBook. And they wonder why Trump won the presidency.
Jul 13, 2017
I agree, don't own one though. The price is high, but at least it comes with an aluminium chassis!!
Jul 13, 2017
FPSUsername said:
I agree, don't own one though. The price is high, but at least it comes with an aluminium chassis!!
what the actual f**k. xps and I'm pretty sure razer stealth also do
Jul 13, 2017
I think the real sheep are those who have never used a MacBook yet condemn it as a horrible product. If you’ve used a MacBook and didn’t like it, great, everyone has their opinions.
Jul 14, 2017
Yes the Stealth is better...until it starts to not work. Quality control in Razer is worse than dog shit.
Jul 14, 2017
Macbooks Are Great, But The Performance Per Dollar Is Shit. Tho If You Have The Money Its A Great Machine. Pick Your Choice : Performance Per Dollar , Or Just A Great , Elegant But Expensive Machine. I Respect Your Choice. Have A Nice Day. :)
Jul 14, 2017
GODzSkeleton1800X said:
Macbooks Are Great, But The Performance Per Dollar Is Shit. Tho If You Have The Money Its A Great Machine. Pick Your Choice : Performance Per Dollar , Or Just A Great , Elegant But Expensive Machine. I Respect Your Choice. Have A Nice Day. :)
just a great elegant but expensive machine, if that's what you call it :)
Jul 14, 2017
I still use my MacBook Pro that is more than 3 years old, I have friends with MacBook Airs 4 years old and still going strong. No noticeable slowdown. Never had a virus (except on my Windows boot camp partition) This is coming from an ex Windows user who had to replace laptops every 2 years or so. Long term value hasn't been factored in. There is a reason why you see a lot of students and pros using Macs and it isn't fanboyism.
Jul 16, 2017
David T
I have the money to buy a new 2017 MBP but I kinda dont want to dish out so much money yuh know. Should I invest in a Lenovo 720/XPS 15 or should I go ahead and drop $2800?
Jul 16, 2017
meraki said:
David T
I have the money to buy a new 2017 MBP but I kinda dont want to dish out so much money yuh know. Should I invest in a Lenovo 720/XPS 15 or should I go ahead and drop $2800?
- you would be investing in the MacBook Pro and dropping money down the drain relatively speaking on the Windows machines. The laptop I had before my MacBook Pro was a Lenovo and it crapped out in under 2 years and was worth nothing in resale. Amazingly enough my 3yr old MacBook Pro is still worth around $900 used. Your choice. Personally I could not go back to the Windows OS after MacOS. I cringe when I have to use Windows for work. There are other options too like buying an older MacBook Pro if you don't want to spend the money. I actually bought the new MacBook Pro the one that was about $2800 but returned it because it wasn't much faster than my existing one. So I am waiting till next year and the new MacOS which will allow native support for the EGPUs.
Jul 17, 2017
meraki
If you buy a $700 Windows machine and expect it to last as long as a $2.5k Apple machine, then obviously you are doing it wrong. I bought an Asus Zenbook a year ago and it has been perfect so far, no issues whatsoever. I would suggest you to look into options like Thinkpad, new XPS 15/13, the Spectre series or the Zenbook by Asus. If you invest in top of the line Windows notebooks I can guarantee it will last as long as the macbooks. My last laptop was an HP pavilion DV series. It lasted me 8 years but the battery is totally drained. If I change the battery it will start humming again thereby proving myths wrong that Windows machine don't last long.
Jul 17, 2017
David T said:
- you would be investing in the MacBook Pro and dropping money down the drain relatively speaking on the Windows machines. The laptop I had before my MacBook Pro was a Lenovo and it crapped out in under 2 years and was worth nothing in resale. Amazingly enough my 3yr old MacBook Pro is still worth around $900 used. Your choice. Personally I could not go back to the Windows OS after MacOS. I cringe when I have to use Windows for work. There are other options too like buying an older MacBook Pro if you don't want to spend the money. I actually bought the new MacBook Pro the one that was about $2800 but returned it because it wasn't much faster than my existing one. So I am waiting till next year and the new MacOS which will allow native support for the EGPUs.
What makes you like MacOS so much?
Jul 17, 2017
Puru S said:
meraki
If you buy a $700 Windows machine and expect it to last as long as a $2.5k Apple machine, then obviously you are doing it wrong. I bought an Asus Zenbook a year ago and it has been perfect so far, no issues whatsoever. I would suggest you to look into options like Thinkpad, new XPS 15/13, the Spectre series or the Zenbook by Asus. If you invest in top of the line Windows notebooks I can guarantee it will last as long as the macbooks. My last laptop was an HP pavilion DV series. It lasted me 8 years but the battery is totally drained. If I change the battery it will start humming again thereby proving myths wrong that Windows machine don't last long.
I was thinking between an XPS 15 maxed out or a MBP maxed out but I'm not a huge power user. I just don't want to limit myself by buying the mid tier of either laptops.
And yeah, I have a hp pavillion dv6 right now. Utter trash but it's served its purpose for 6 years so I know how long a pc can last if you take care of it
Jul 17, 2017
meraki said:
I was thinking between an XPS 15 maxed out or a MBP maxed out but I'm not a huge power user. I just don't want to limit myself by buying the mid tier of either laptops.
And yeah, I have a hp pavillion dv6 right now. Utter trash but it's served its purpose for 6 years so I know how long a pc can last if you take care of it
xps if you prefer windows, MacBook pro if you like mac. upto u, although if you really wanted you could get Mac on Windows and windows on mac
Jul 17, 2017
meraki
What work do you do on your laptop? Based on that I could recommend you stuff what would serve you better.
Jul 18, 2017
Puru S
Honestly man, I just browse the internet and watch a lot of YouTube or browse through Reddit. But I do want to play games like CS GO or play Indie Games like The Escapists. I can't really do that on my current PC
Edit: I'm also heading to college real soon. I don't know what to expect other than me needing a laptop good enough for work in college
Jul 18, 2017
meraki said:
Puru S
Honestly man, I just browse the internet and watch a lot of YouTube or browse through Reddit. But I do want to play games like CS GO or play Indie Games like The Escapists. I can't really do that on my current PC
Edit: I'm also heading to college real soon. I don't know what to expect other than me needing a laptop good enough for work in college
- it just works - seriously, even better now I have an iPad Pro, and I've had an iPhone forever. I have everything important flawlessly synced on all platforms. When you are stressing about work/study you just don't want to deal with crashes or software issues. The windows fanboys will tell you it is better now, but I guarantee you it isn't as bulletproof as MacOS. Besides you can run Windows natively on a Mac but not the other way around. Although, it has been a long time since I've had to do so. Most things except non-Mac games can be run on MacOS. And in College the majority of the students use Mac laptops. At the Starbucks near the UC campus I hangout at, 80+% of the students use MacBook pros or MacBook Airs.
Page 1 2 » 41 comments